Suzanne Harriet Pearson Landes and James Hazelton Pearson Scholarship
Applicant must be an undergraduate or graduate student enrolled at the Oshkosh campus. Undergraduate applicants must have at least junior standing, must be majoring in English secondary education, and must plan to student teach in the 2024-2025 academic year. Graduate applicants must have earned a bachelor’s degree in English (as either an education or non-education student). All applicants must be teaching or planning to teach English at the secondary level and must have a minimum 3.5 GPA overall and in all professional education courses. Financial need based on an essay may be considered, but will be a subordinate criterion in the selection process. Other contributions to the University (excluding athletics) will be considered. This award will be split evenly between the Fall 2024 and Spring 2025 semesters. If the recipient is not enrolled in the spring semester, the second installment will be forfeited.
- Lee Landes & Stephen Landes
- College of Education & Human Services, Graduate Award, Oshkosh Campus, Teaching and Learning, Undergraduate Award
- Supplemental Questions
- Please enter your GPA in your major.
- Please upload a copy of your Academic Advisement Report. It must include the courses you are enrolled in for the fall semester.
- For graduate applicants, do you have a bachelor's degree in English (as an education student or as a regular English major) and are you currently or do you plan to teach English at the secondary level?
- Please submit a statement describing your personal and career goals.
- Please submit a statement describing your involvement in UW Oshkosh extracurricular activities, including dates of involvement and any leadership positions held. See help text for considerations.
- Financial need may be a consideration, but is not the deciding factor for this award. Applicants wishing to address this subject should include a description of their circumstances.
- Please provide the name and email of a UWO faculty member who has agreed to serve as reference to support your application.
- Please provide the name and email of an individual outside the University (non-relative) who has agreed to serve as a reference to support your application.
- Show 3 more