Joseph B. Laine Outstanding Senior in Speech Communication Award
This award is given in honor of Professor Joseph B. Laine, chairperson of the department of speech communication for 25 years. Applicant must be a communication studies major with senior standing and an overall minimum grade-point average of 3.0. Selection is based on academic excellence, involvement in extracurricular activities (with primary emphasis on communication-related activities) and demonstrated leadership. Participation in athletics will not be a consideration. Only graduating seniors are eligible to apply.
- College of Letters & Science, Communication Studies
- Supplemental Questions
- Please select which semester you are graduating (in the current academic year).
- Please list your extracurricular activities, excluding athletic participation (include leadership positions held).
- How have you demonstrated leadership through your university experience?
- How have you made a contribution to the Communication Studies program during your time at UW Oshkosh?
- Submit a statement describing your plans/goals after graduation - i.e. graduate school, career goals, etc. Please include how Communication Studies informs these post-graduation decisions.
- List two Communication Studies faculty members who can speak about your academic performance and extracurricular activities.
- Show 1 more