Charlotte McEssy Reading Education Scholarship
This scholarship was established by UW Oshkosh alumna Charlotte H. McEssy. Applicant must be a graduate student enrolled at the Oshkosh campus, pursuing a master’s degree within the College of Education and Human Services’s reading program. Applicant must have a grade-point average of at least 3.0. Evidence of involvement in extracurricular (excluding athletics) or community activities, as well as demonstration of financial need, based on an essay, will be taken into consideration but will not be the dominant criteria in the selection process. Students graduating in the current academic year are not eligible to apply.
- College of Education & Human Services, Literacy and Language, Reading, Oshkosh Campus
- Supplemental Questions
- Please provide a statement describing your qualifications for this award and your personal and professional goals.
- Please submit a statement describing your involvement in extracurricular and volunteer activities, including dates of involvement and any leadership positions held. See help text for considerations.
- Please submit a statement describing your financial need.
- Please provide the name and email of an individual from the Department of Literacy and Language who has agreed to serve a reference to support your application. This must be a different reference than provided on the Education Application.