Allen K. Butcher Music Education Scholarship
This scholarship was established in memory of Allen K. Butcher, member of the UW Oshkosh music faculty, 1971-1995. Applicant must be accepted for admission to the Oshkosh Campus, with plans to pursue a degree in instrumental music education. Applicant’s primary instrument must be wind or percussion. Applicant must have a minimum cumulative high school grade-point average of 3.0. The primary criteria for selection are outstanding academic achievement and musical achievement and potential for growth demonstrated through a scholarship audition. Applicant must enroll full-time in order to receive the award payout.
- College of Letters & Science, Music, Oshkosh Campus
- Supplemental Questions
- What is your primary instrument?
- If you haven't already, will you register with the UW Oshkosh music department for your entrance/scholarship audition?
- What is your projected area(s) of music education licensure?
- Please submit a statement describing your educational, personal, and career goals, and state reasons why you are pursuing a career in music education.