Aileen Wood Barr Memorial Nursing Scholarship
This scholarship was established by Charlene Barr Chalberg, in honor of her mother, Aileen Wood Barr. Applicant must be enrolled full- or part-time or accepted for admission at the Oshkosh campus. Applicant must be a registered nurse pursuing a master’s or doctoral degree in clinical nursing. Preference will be given to applicants preparing to be nurse practitioners or their equivalent. Applicant must have worked a minimum of three years as a registered nurse and must currently be working in the healthcare field. Selection is based on intellectual merit. Evidence will include academic performance during undergraduate studies and the applicant’s potential for successful completion of graduate studies. New applicants will be given preference in the selection process. However, previous recipients may apply for a second award. This award will be split evenly between the Fall 2022 and Spring 2023 semesters. If the recipient is not enrolled in the spring semester, the second installment will be forfeited.
- College of Nursing, College of Nursing Graduate Program, Graduate Award, Incoming Graduate Award, Oshkosh Campus
- Supplemental Questions
- Have you worked as an RN for at least three years and are you currently working in the health care field?
- Have you previously received the Aileen Wood Barr Scholarship?
- Please upload your undergraduate transcript; unofficial transcripts will be accepted.
- Please submit an essay describing your past contributions to patient/family/community care, as well as your professional goals related to advanced practice nursing.