Rita M. Barta Memorial Graduate Scholarship
This scholarship was established in 2018 by Colonel Jane C. Vesel in memory of her mother, Rita Barta. Applicant must be admitted to or currently enrolled as a graduate nursing student at the Oshkosh campus. Applicant must be a single parent. Preference will be given to applicants who have served in the military or whose parent has served in the military. However, others are encouraged to apply. Applicant must have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA and must demonstrate financial need based on a statement. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen. This award will be paid out in Fall 2023.
- Jane Vesel
- College of Nursing, College of Nursing Graduate Program, Graduate Award, Incoming Graduate Award, Oshkosh Campus
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you a single parent with physical custody of one or more minor children?
- Preference will be given to applicants who have served in the military or have a parent who has served in the military. Please list any military experience you or your parents have, including years of service.
- Please submit a statement describing your need for financial support to continue your education. Make sure to provide detailed information regarding the resources you have to pay for college (scholarships, loans, VA benefits, employer benefits, work, etc.) and your remaining amount of financial need.
- Please submit a statement describing your career goals.
- Please submit a statement describing how you are a role model and how you are raising your children to be good citizens.