Katie Kaczorowski Leadership Award
This award was established in 2004 in honor of Katie Kaczorowski ’03, who was elected Vice President of Nelson Hall during her sophomore year and then served as USRH President for the following two years. The award recognizes a second-year student who demonstrates proven leadership abilities. Applicant must be currently enrolled, must have been a resident of a UW Oshkosh residence hall at some point during the 2022-2023 academic year, and have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75. Applicant must have been involved in a residence hall organization (hall government, USRH, NRHH, etc.). Applicant must be returning to the residence halls for the 2023-2024 academic year. Previous recipients of the Tyler Feldkamp Leadership Award or the One Small Step Leadership Award are not eligible to receive this award. Selection will be based upon activities, honors, and awards (50%), essay (30%), and recommendations (20%). This award will be paid out in Fall 2023.
- Oshkosh Campus, Undergraduate Award, United Students in Residence Halls
- Supplemental Questions
- Have you lived in a campus residence hall at any point during the 2022-2023 academic year?
- Have been involved in a residence hall organization (hall government, USRH, NRHH, etc.)?
- Have you previously received the Tyler Feldkamp Leadership Award or the One Small Step Leadership Award?
- Please list and describe all activities that you participated in at the college level. This may include but is not limited to: leadership positions, programs, community service, jobs, etc. If you have been a Community Advisor or a Health Advocate, only items above and beyond the job description may be included.
- Please list any honors and/or awards that you have received at the college level. This may include, but is not limited to: Resident of the Week, Dean’s List, NRHH of the Month Award(s), etc.
- Thinking about your experiences and involvement, please submit a personal essay, addressing the following questions: 1) What has been the most enjoyable and/or rewarding part of being involved in student organizations? 2) What have you learned about yourself and leadership in general? 3) What are your further goals in regards to leadership in the halls and on campus? 4) What do you hope to contribute to the campus and the halls during your time here?
- Please provide the name and email of a peer who has agreed to serve as a reference to support your application. Your reference must comment on your character, planning and organizational skills, and motivation.
- Please provide the name and email of a residence life staff member (USRH, advisor, RHD, ARHD) who has agreed to serve as a reference to support your application. Your reference must comment on your character, planning and organizational skills, and motivation.
- Show 3 more