Mary Drecktrah Special Education Scholarship
Applicant must be a full-time undergraduate special education major enrolled at the Oshkosh campus. Applicant must have been admitted, or have applied for fall admission, to the Teacher Education Program. Applicant must have earned at least 60 credits and must have a minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA. Applicant must be an active member of the Student Council for Exceptional Children or Aspiring Educators. In addition, the following will be considered (in no particular order of importance): service (school or community service involving children); research (involvement in research projects relating to special education); demonstrated leadership in educational or professional organizations; extracurricular activities (excluding athletics); and financial need based upon a statement. This award will be split evenly between the Fall 2024 and Spring 2025 semesters. If the recipient is graduating in the semester, they are eligible to receive the full award amount in Fall 2024.
- H. Gene Drecktrah
- College of Education & Human Services, Oshkosh Campus, Special and Early Childhood Education, Undergraduate Award
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you an active member of the Student Council for Exceptional Children or Aspiring Educators?
- Please describe any extracurricular or volunteer activities that show your involvement in UW Oshkosh and the community, including dates of involvement. Please include leadership positions and any activities that involve working with children. See help text for considerations.
- Explain any research project(s) relating to special education in which you may have been involved.
- Please submit a statement describing your need for financial support to continue your education. Make sure to provide detailed information regarding the resources you have to pay for college (scholarships, loans, VA benefits, employer benefits, work, etc.) and your remaining amount of financial need.
- You must provide the name and email of two UWO faculty members who have agreed to serve as references to support your application.
- Please provide the name and email of your reference. They will be notified to submit their recommendation once added to your application.