ArtsCore Scholarship for Preservice Teachers
Applicant must be a full-time undergraduate student enrolled at the Oshkosh campus. Applicant must be admitted to the Teacher Education Program. Applicant must have a minimum of 60 credits completed and a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA. Additional academic success indicators may be considered at the discretion of the selection committee. Applicant must demonstrate commitment to, and potential for, a successful career as a professional educator at any level. They must further demonstrate an intent and capability to participate in ArtsCore initiatives to develop and share effective arts-integrated teaching strategies. Applicant must not be planning to student teach during the 2024-2025 academic year. Recipients of the ArtsCore Scholarship for Future Teachers are ineligible for this scholarship.
This award will be paid out in Fall 2024. The recipient is eligible to receive an additional year of the award, provided funding is available and they meet the renewal criteria listed below. Recipients are encouraged to participate in an ArtsCore student teaching option and will receive a larger renewal if they enroll in an ArtsCore Teacher in Residency (TIR) or Student Teaching Internship (WIP).
- maintain full-time enrollment and a minimum 3.0 GPA
- demonstrate commitment to, and potential for a successful career as a professional educator at any level.
- complete at least one face-to-face meeting with ArtsCore Director, preferably during the fall semester
- participate in a 3-4 day immersion experience in the Appleton or Oshkosh Area School District that will take place the 3rd or 4th week of January
- participate in ArtsCore initiatives to develop and share effective arts-integrated teaching strategies. Each applicant is required to attend or participate in a minimum of four ArtsCore events (examples include Bridge Day, ArtsCore Student Organization (ASO) events, ArtsCore Colony, UWO Titan Fest)
UW Oshkosh ArtsCore offers curricular opportunities, professional development, internships, residencies, grants, and a support network for pre-service teacher candidates and new teachers learning to practice an arts-integrated approach to teaching. For more information on UW Oshkosh ArtsCore initiatives, visit uwosh.edu/artscore/students/. To learn more about arts-integrated instruction, click here.