Betty L. Griesbach Scholarship
This scholarship was established in memory of Betty L. Griesbach ’74. Applicant must be a full- or part-time graduate student or a full-time undergraduate student enrolled the Oshkosh campus. Applicant must be majoring in special education. Undergraduate applicants must have met Gateway I requirements and been admitted, or have applied for fall admission, to the Teacher Education Program and must achieve at least junior standing by Fall 2021. Preference will be given to women over 30 years old with family responsibilities. Preference will be given to applicants whose interest is working directly with special needs children or adults, either in the classroom or one-on-one, rather than those applicants whose interest is pursuing other career paths such as research or administration. Preference will be given to applicants with financial need based on the FAFSA. This award will be split evenly between the Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 semesters. If the recipient is graduating in the semester, they are eligible to receive the full award amount in Fall 2021.
- Anonymous Donor
- College of Education & Human Services, Graduate Award, Oshkosh Campus, Special and Early Childhood Education, Undergraduate Award
- Supplemental Questions
- A consideration for this scholarship is that you are age 30 or older. Are you 30 or older?
- Please submit a short essay describing your family responsibilities, if applicable (include number of children, ages of children, etc.).
- Please submit a statement describing your need for financial support to continue your education. Make sure to provide detailed information regarding the resources you have to pay for college (scholarships, loans, VA benefits, employer benefits, work, etc.) and your remaining amount of financial need.
- Please describe your long-term career aspirations including your interest in working directly with persons with disabilities.