Charlotte McEssy Reading Education Scholarship
This scholarship was established by UW Oshkosh alumna Charlotte H. McEssy. Applicant must be a graduate student enrolled at the Oshkosh campus. Applicant must be pursuing a master’s degree within the Literacy and Language Program. Applicant must have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA. Evidence of involvement in extracurricular (excluding athletics) or community activities, as well as demonstration of financial need based on an essay, will be taken into consideration, but will not be the dominant criteria in the selection process. This award will be paid out in Fall 2023.
- College of Education & Human Services, Graduate Award, Literacy and Language, Reading, Oshkosh Campus
- Supplemental Questions
- Please provide a statement describing your personal and professional goals and why you are deserving of this award.
- Please submit a statement describing your involvement in extracurricular and volunteer activities, including dates of involvement and any leadership positions held. See help text for considerations.
- Please submit a statement describing your need for financial support to continue your education. Make sure to provide detailed information regarding the resources you have to pay for college (scholarships, loans, VA benefits, employer benefits, work, etc.) and your remaining amount of financial need.
- You must provide the name and email of two UWO faculty members who have agreed to serve as references to support your application.
- Please provide the name and email of your reference. They will be notified to submit their recommendation once added to your application.