Brenda Lee Lau Storytelling Scholarship
This scholarship was established by Radio-TV-Film alumna Brenda Lau ’83. It recognizes students who demonstrate promise in the field of narrative storytelling. Applicant must be a full-time undergraduate enrolled at the Oshkosh campus. Applicant must have a declared major or minor in Radio-TV-Film, English, or creative writing. First preference will be given to a student majoring in Radio-TV-Film or English. Applicant must have at least 45 credits completed and must have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA. Financial need shall not be a consideration. Previous recipients are eligible to apply. However, students may only receive the award a total of two times. This award will be paid out in Spring 2023.
- Brenda Lee Lau
- College of Letters & Science, Oshkosh Campus, Radio-TV-Film, Undergraduate Award
- Supplemental Questions
- Please upload a resume that demonstrates your experience and commitment to pursuing a career in the field of writing, directing, or producing with a specific focus on narrative storytelling.
- Please submit an essay describing your interest and commitment to pursuing a career in the field of writing, producing, or directing with a specific focus on narrative storytelling.
- You must submit an electronic portfolio of 2-5 work samples from on and off-campus experiences showcasing your writing or directing ability.
- A. Please submit the URL to your portfolio or work sample.
- B. If a password is needed to view your portfolio/work sample, please enter it here.
- You must provide the name and email of two individuals (non-relatives) who have agreed to serve as references to support your application. One must be a UWO faculty or staff member. Your references must comment on your promise and potential in narrative storytelling.
- Please provide the name and email of your reference. They will be notified to submit their recommendation once added to your application.